Athletes' rights and responsibilities
When you have been selected for doping control.
You have the right to:
- Have a representative and, if available, an interpreter.
- Ask for additional information about the sample collection process.
- If you are an athlete with a disability, to request modifications to te sample collection procedure.
- Request a delay in reporting to the doping control station for valid reasons (determined by the DCO).
You have the responsibility to:
- Comply with Anti Doping Danmark’s sample collection procedures.
- Remain within direct observation of the DCO/chaperone at all times from the point of notification until the completion of the sample collection procedure.
- Produce appropriate identification Report immediately for doping control, unless there are compelling reasons for a delay:
- Participation in a victory ceremony.
- Giving interview to the media.
- Medical treatment.
- Continued participation in competition.
- Warm down.
- Finding a translator.
- Finding of clothes or ID Other valid reasons (determined by the DCO).
Failure note to comply with doping procedures may constitute an anti-doping violation.
All information given during the doping control procedure will remain confidential.